and suprised that not more people took me up on the honest-blogger quiz.
i thought more bloggers had the courage to answer a few questions so that others could learn more about them and so they could be up-front to their readers.
but we dont really live in a time when courage is rewarded as much as mediocraty and image and status.
it takes courage to do things like say the war on drugs is a pathetic waste of time and money.
it takes courage to do things like say the war on iraq is a pathetic waste of time money and american lives and how dare we have the nads to propigate the belief that iraq cant figure out how to move on without saddam unless WE teach them how to set up their new system when our system produced a fucking retard as president who didnt win the popular vote and probably didnt win the electoral votes either. why do we have an electoral college again?
it takes courage to say i voted for these five people as president.
it takes courage to put your name on it and present it to the blogosphere which includes people who might want to disagree with you.
it takes courage to say i believe that Jesus is God and i have read and agree with the Bible.
and it really takes courage to say i believe in Jesus and i havent read the bible.
but i know the game. dont make yourself vulnerable, dont put yourself out there, dont reveal the truth about yourself or else you give your “enemy” ammunition and you shock your supporters.
it takes courage to say that you dont give a flying fuck what your readers think about your beliefs, here they are, love it or git.
one thing you have to say about our sitting president, he doesnt give a rats ass what you think of him, his lack of education, his fucked up brand of Christianity, his disdain for the press and the constitution, how the world views this country, how his actions effect the economy, or how much oil prices are costing americans.
all he cares about is himself and his friends and their ideals.
hes a dumb as an abusive soldier smiling at the digial camera, but at least he’s comfortable with himself. and that we could all learn from.
in the same way that we can learn by noticing how much retards laugh.
my pallie kitty bukkake wrote an addendum to the honest-bloggers quiz. below are her new questions and my new answers.
1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog? i live in hollywood. im the last person anyone is going to recognize.
2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered? that would take some sort of effort. not to mention time and talent.
3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you? creeps no, dorks sure.
4. Do you lie in your blog? only about my age, my job, my dating habits, my flying car, and a lot of the little details. but generally no.
5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog? that shits for chicks.
6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop? anyone who threatens to quit blogging probably should quit blogging.
7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping? no. yes, but i should be the therapist.
8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones? about 10% of the stupid anonymous ones. no, never, although i have been tempted to write fake ones to stir up a little situation in the comments, but then i realized that im not in highschool anymore.
9. Have you ever rubbed one out while reading a blog? How about after? at 110 years old it takes a little more than what ive seen on the blogosphere. although raymi, bunny, bunnie, and zulieka intellectually turn me on a great deal.
10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less? probably less. which is why i dont encourage interaction, and why i dont seek out meeting the bloggers who i like to read.
11. Do you have a job? i am paid a stipend for what i do from 9-6.
12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it? i would even do it for a half-decent salary.
14. How many bloggers have you made out with? 5
15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have? i dont mind picking up the check, but i dont think that means im acting like im rich.
16. Does your family read your blog? yes.
17. How old is your blog? 3 years in august.
18. Do you get more than 1000 pageviews per day? Do you care? my counter has been public since i started. right now it says that i am averaging 2,000+ but sitemeter’s averages has never worked right. i average about 1,000 a day. heres why i know it doesnt work right. for nearly half a year i have averaged about 1,000 a day. last week atrios linked me and i got 7,000 in one day and 3,000 the next day. now all of a sudden sitemeter is saying i average 2,000+. nuts.
19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar? im not depressed very often, but the times that i am i wish i had a secret blog because if i write about it i would prefer to turn off the comments on that particular post because i wouldnt want it to look like i was pandering for pity. sometimes i just want to tell a sad story starring me. otherwise im rarely slutty and i only lie on the blog.
21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes? no, and i also dont deduct the way i probably could either.
22. Is blogging narcissistic? in theory. but careful storytelling can overcome that.
23. Do you feel guilty when you don’t post for a long time? guilty isnt the word. ancy is.
24. Do you like John Mayer? fuck john mayer. and the bluesbreakers.
25. Do you have enemies? yes, and theyre dumb.
26. Are you lonely? i havent been lonely in years. luckily.
27. Why bother? cuz a lot of people would love to be in our situations.