Girl in a Coma is a three piece all girl group from Texas.
they recently toured with Tegan and Sara.
they are signed to Joan Jett’s Blackheart Records. wanna know why i like Blackheart Records? cuz they dont have their heads up their youtubes. many many many record labels disable the embed codes of their precious videos. for some reason they think that weeks away from 2009 they have “control” over “their” “music”. so they make people watch the videos only on the labels’ youtube channel.
huge mistake cuz there are others out there who wanna put those videos on their blogs, myspaces, facebooks, xangas, ljs, tumblrs, etc and basically broadcast that song as a free commercial and say OMG OMG OMG all around it.
these labels would instead pay $$$$ for advertisements in places where no one cares instead of allowing actual fans and real music lovers help pollinate the eyes and ears of fellow music lovers.
Blackheart Records has seen the light, their YouTube Channel lets you hear the music, discover new stuff and then embed the code of those vids on blogs like this one.
– first you should vote for our girl Sass (pictured) for best new blog in Canada. she made it to the second round and deserves to win. you know she does.
– theres an insane drug war happening in mexico. murders, decapitations, kidnappings – you name it. since january of 2007 there have been 6,285 people killed in mexico over drugs. today the LA Times launches an amazing interactive section called Mexico Under Siege. the “cool kids” here have put together an interactive map, a multimedia gallery, and questions and answers presented in video like youve never seen before. i highly recommend that you all click one of the links to see the hard work and insightful information representing a beautiful blend of traditional and modern journalism presented online.
– The anonymous blogger named Tanta (aka Doris Dungey) died yesterday and got a nice obit in the New York Times
– In order to help maintain free speech and China and Taiwan get closer, politically, Taiwanese bloggers have united to form the Taiwan Bloggers Association in the wake of some bloggers being arrested for waving Tibetan flags during a visit of a Chinese envoy
– Because Seth Godin can’t get his blog in the Technorati Top 10 he suggest that this must mean we are experiencing the “death of the personal blog“. Poor guy.
– The Brian Williams Tie Report Archive got a nice write-up in AP, a first for a celebrity tie blog. no word yet what Glenn Greenwald thinks of the blog.
it was pretty awesome. made you think made you laugh made you uncomfortable.
i kept thinking, ok its not a perfect movie, but whenever i tried to figure out what could be improved i couldnt come up with an answer.
often charlie kaufman is just so narcissistic its intolerable. but here, even though its clearly about him and at one point, just like in john malkovich there are several hims on the screen, its ok this time, just like it was that time.
infact everythings ok. but mostly the fact that youre confused a lot and that youre definately in his world. which is where you wanna be when youre in a movie. anywhere but where you are: hollywood, manhattan, the midwest, holland. anywhere else. thats why you pay the money – to escape.
we were nervous that we’d be the only ones in the theatre but nope, there were about 20-30 people in there. none of them were laughing except me and her a little. in fact the dude behind us was sleeping.
after we were sorta blown away and talking about it cuz it makes you think about some pretty deep things about your life if youre about those sorts of things and she and i are definately about those sorts of things.
things like, are we doing the things in life that we’re supposed to be doing. are you making art or are you just someones stand in? are you with the person that speaks to your heart or are you just with the hot blonde who happens to be starring in your musical? is something burning or are you on fire in a good way? are you letting the audience in or are you keeping them out for no good reason? are you stretching as a person are you leading by example are you letting the characters in your life breathe?
my truest and i were supposed to watch football on sunday but she bailed on me. i said its ok we had a pretty emotional day on saturday what with that movie and she said yeah and said but im not blowing you off. i said i know we have some big things to think about. and she said yeah.
and her phone connection was really bad, just like in a perfect movie slash dream.
and i said i dont wanna make some new book and she said it doesnt have to be a new book, just a compilation of some old stuff and some new stuff and i would personally wheelbarrow the money to you.
and this weekend i looked back through the busblog to see what wasnt in Blook, or How to Blog or Stiff and maybe raymi likes looking back through the past, but i sure as hell dont cuz all i ever see is
i used to take the best pictures
i used to date the hottest girls
i used to own the best wholesale tea stores
i used to see beauty in everything
i even used to have hair
nowadays im so not fun. everythings work work work. everythings beating the joneses. everything is stronger faster harder. i buy books i dont read. i get numbers i dont call. hell i even have video games i dont play.
i have a buspass i dont use. i have a closet fulla clothes i dont wear. i have food i dont eat. i have a life ive yet to rock.
there are girls i used to kiss who dont even wanna friend me on facebook.
there are channels i havent seen on tv. there are magazines i havent read. there are dozens of pages in todays newspaper i havent read. there are people i havent called. there are letters i havent written and theres this blog that doesnt have enough fruit over years and years to make a blook