yesterday this lady had the cutest eight month old twin boys in a side-by-side stroller built for two.
she was talking with her friend and they were talking about the swine flu, which is messed up because arent you not really supposed to be in the subway during the swine flu especially with babies?
and she goes “i wonder why the swine flu attacks the children of mexico so hard?”
and as if on cue one of the twins reaches down to his shoe, which is nice and dirty, and puts the shoe in his mouth.
bottom side up.
i felt like i was in an r crumb piece.
then last weekend i was on the way to the movies. i was waiting for the light to change and this dude was all, hey man do you have fifteen cents?
i tried to blow him off by just smiling and pretending i was jamming to the tunes coming through my headphones, but he was persistent.
and the damn light wouldnt change.
and he pulls out a double-quilted-toilet-paper-roll-sized roll of twenties and says “really, i need fifteen cents to get on the bus” and he showed me a handful of change.
i have this great Obey wallet that has two slots for coins. i have two quarters, easy access.
i handed one over and he was all “my hero. my hero!”
the light changed and i crossed vermont and i thought, did i just help a crime happen?
maybe we *should* let Arnold become eligible to be President
wheres your balloon of love? and independence?
interesting tales told via the LA Times and blogs:
– sex workers in mexico say si to condoms but oh-hell-no to swine flu masks. –
– the real Mexican burrito –
– yao didnt look so healthy at the end of the game last night, but kobe
aint 100% either
– gustavo of “Ask a Mexican” gets interrogated regarding Cinco de Mayo –
– dude who invented text messaging explains why it’s limited to 160 characters –
– the two most powerful men have a power lunch… in HELL –
Top of the Ticket
– garbage in, garbage out: cops dont like computer program that determines parolees risk –
– Mia Farrow is on a hunger strike, via YouTube, for the people of Darfur –
– there was a benefit for Peter Case this weekend to help pay his heart surgery. get well pete! –
Pop n Hiss
– Dom DeLuise lived to 75 years old despite being obese for most of his life. my nutritionist has a lot of ‘splaining to do –
– Mrs. Judd Apatow, aka Leslie Mann, used to puke, doesn;t any more –
– saddest story / photo gallery you will see all day: hatfields and mccoys have nothing on this family rivalry in Turkey as 44 are killed at an engagement ceremony in Bilge –
although the kids are usually right, this kid couldnt be more wrong.
other than the opening credits, theres not enough action, theres no real plot, theres no real substance. we dont really know why a lot of things happens. although i am doing my best to see more films, this one made me realize that sometimes youre better off staying at home. and rotten tomatoes agrees with me (
video kid via
which is fine.
do you really want the press
the government one?
live free or die, the saying goes.