at the madhouse on madison
Vinny: will the blackhawks finish it off right and win the cup? or will the curse of Hossa keep them from the cup?
theres only one curse hanging over chicago. the blackhawks will play with their prey a tad but ultimately make mincemeat of the flyers. the hawks are too big, too fast, and too funky.
Gage: What was the first song that really made you feel something when you heard it?
even though zeppelin four was in my moms record collection next to are you experienced, it wasnt until i heard dirty deeds on the Loop 98 in chicago. it made me feel scared. and i loved it. its dynamic, evil, funny, ominous, but a perfect example of young young & scotts affinity for double entendres and wicked threats.
it cut through so much of the malarkey being shoved at us on top 40 radio
Mike: Who has a better chance of landing Oswalt/Lee the Dodgers or the Cubs?
the dodgers owner is going through a messy and expensive divorce. i dont expect a man who has suddenly lost half of his everythings to go on a shopping spree for a property that probably wont return the investment any time soon. the cubs however are sitting pretty.
Kurtis: If you had to cruise around the country to write the american novel, what would you drive?
theres only one vehicle i would consider for such an assignment:
’56 vette convertible. and look, theres one for just $44k
when she ghost writes your autobiography.
1) how many games will the celtics-lakers series go?
2) who is your favorite player on the celtics?
3) is “3” really the magic number?
5. laker sweep but one extra game for tv.
its hard to root against a guy named pierce, but nate robinson is the peoples choice
since im tony pierce the third, id have to say oui.
Keir: I’ll give you five:
1. If Wrigley tears down the lights will you abandon L.A.?
2. Which Canadian city should I visit first: Vancouver or Toronto?
3. Best/worst TV show made into a movie?
4. Best cover of a bad song? Worst cover of a great song?
5. Why is it so hard to write good short stories?
1. i left the midwest the day after my highschool graduation and have never moved out of cali. it would take something bigger than righting the wrongs of wrigley to make me leave paradise.
2. if you like an old school east coast metropolis, then TO is a very special version of one. if you like a modern west coast city strangely intertwined with nature, then BC. its hard to choose, its hard to lose.
3. best: Borat worst: Blues Brothers 2000
4. best: negativland “still havent found…” (warning – foul language by casey kasum”
worst better: faster pussycat “you’re so vain”
5. because people have forgotten that its roots are with narrative poetry, not novels. thus it is easier to expand from something condensed than it is to trim something bloated.
rodney: hey have you heard of this new surf band called The Zoggs? i think the drummer of Tsar is in it.
who didnt know coulter was also in The Zoggs? it was almost a month ago that the busblog clued you in. in fact, heres there new video thingamabob
patzaph: if you could go back in time with the schematics for one major invention when would you go back to and what would you ‘invent’?
AIDS has torn apart places like Africa and destroyed the lives of some of our most talented artists. id go back to whereever it was formed and isolate the virus and dispose of it in the proper manner.
urban hayseed: hey old friend – who will be the third now that the Howard Stern vacation death curse eerily continues… (Gary Coleman, Dennis Hopper, __________ ) ???
hola amigo! i think its times like these that make people like abe vigoda and artie lange driving extra cautiously.